“If you are outgoing and passionate about teaching people to sail then this is the role for you. As one of our 4 yacht trainers you will work hands-on teaching guests each week. Guests will often have little or no experience of sailing and it is your role to teach them how to stay safe afloat and how to enjoy sailing.”
BeyondBeach are looking for an outgoing individual who is passionate about teaching people to sail. As one of our 4 yacht trainers you will work hands-on teaching guests each week. Guests will often have little or no experience of sailing and it is your role to teach them how to stay safe afloat and how to enjoy sailing. You will have a natural ability to deliver exceptional customer service. It’s all about being professional and friendly at all times.
You will take charge of a boat and a group of guests for the week, getting to know your guests and sailing with them every day. You will teach guests to sail following a pre-written program and working towards their ICC qualification. You will be responsible for standards of safety and tuition on your boat. You must have a thorough understanding of the BeyondBeach Operations Manual, the IYT teaching syllabus and the holiday package. You need to adhere to the guidelines and the syllabus at all times. You will need experience dealing with challenging situations and be confident in finding swift and safe solutions.
You must be fully aware of weather conditions, guest abilities and equipment issues. Daily and weekly boat checks will be a routine part of your role. You will need to be confident carrying out basic maintenance and safety checks onboard. With the support of your line manager you will need to make decisions to ensure that daily plans are suitable and adapted when needed. You will be the first port of call for your guests if they have problems or queries and you will need to be able to respond to these in a professional and helpful way. You will need to develop an understanding of when to resolve these issues alone and when to seek help from your manager.
You will have a list of weekly tasks that you and the other trainers take it in turn to carry out, such as: welcome briefings, boat checks, H&S audits, stock checks, boat cleaning, preparing welcome packs, laundry supervision, boat cleaning, maintenance reports, exam marking, certificate applications. You will also enjoy attending evening activities such as the Welcome Meal, and an early evening Coffee and Questions sessions.
As a senior member of staff, at busy times or in challenging circumstances you must be willing to work as and when needed. For example the guests may need extra support in the evenings or the boats may need to be moved during late night storms. The yacht team must be flexible in their attitude to work and be ready to all work together to look after the boats, the guests and each other. If you have a fun, professional attitude coupled with a great work ethic, a love of sailing and excellent customer service skills…. then this is the job for you. Being part of our small friendly yacht crew is a great way to enjoy a summer in Greece!
Does this sound like you?
Further Job Details
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Complete the weekly Trainer Checklist.
- Plan teaching sessions.
- Deliver yacht training to guests.
- Ensure daily and weekly maintenance records are checked and boat logbooks completed.
- Understand the Operating Procedures and ensure they are adhered to at all times.
- Understand Emergency Action plans and know how to contact key support resources i.e. Port Police, Fire, Ambulance, Management.
- Help with guest arrivals, welcome chats, social events.
- Clean and prepare boats on arrival days.
- Deal with guest enquiries promptly and conscientiously.
- Provide ongoing basic maintenance of all yachts.
- Deal with first aid needs.
- Upsell local revenue sources, as and when applicable.
- RYA Coastal Skipper
- RYA Yacht Master (desirable)
- IYT Trainer (desirable)
- RYA Dinghy Instructor (desirable)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA Powerboat ICC (desirable) An ICC is available from the RYA if you have your level 2
- VHF License (desirable)
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Yacht or Keelboat teaching experience
- Basic yacht maintenance experience
- Confident problem solver, capable of applying logic and initiative to decision making
- Able to work under pressure and communicate effectively in challenging situations and in emergency situations
- Excellent customer service experience
- Skilled in safety and on the water rescue techniques
- Competent Swimmer
- Clean DBS check
- Over 21 years of age
The team is everything.
Whilst enjoying your work and the lifestyle that comes from living in Greece, you must always be respectful of those around you. This includes your teammates, our guests, our hotel staff, our competitors, your local neighbours and the local community as a whole. We are very fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful part of the world. We are very lucky to be welcomed into the local community. As such we only employ staff that we feel are mature enough to embrace the BeyondBeach lifestyle without causing upset or offence to our local friends and neighbours. If you are a mature, hard working, enthusiastic and fun instructor, with a passion for sailing then we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary: Feel free to email us to discuss salaries in line with your experience.
- Bonus: Opportunity to earn a performance related bonus.
- Flights: To and From Greece.
- Accommodation: Accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance offered
- House Utility Bills: Accommodation bills are paid by the Company.
- Use of Company Vehicle: For work purposes only.
- Insurance: Whilst working you are covered under our Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policies.
- Uniform: Company tops are provided.
- Time Off: This is a 6 day week role.
- Holiday Allowance: In addition to 1 day off each week, you will receive a set number of holiday days, depending on the length of your contract.
- Watersports Equipment: All staff have free access to all watersports equipment, in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Yacht Use: All staff have free access to yachts, when booking availability allows and in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Hotel Facilities: All staff have free access to our beach club facilities such as the swimming pools.
- Staff Discount: All staff receive a discount on food and drink at our Beach Clubs.
- Friends and Family Discount. Friends & Family discounts are available on holidays, for use outside of peak season.
- Training: All staff receive a comprehensive induction on arrival to ensure you are confident and happy in your job role. All staff are eligible for £100 training bursary and are eligible to apply for funding for other courses