Villa Club Host
Location: Kefalonia, Greece
“Your role is to provide a dedicated concierge service throughout the guests stay. You will greet the guests on arrival, make friends with them, be available to them and ensure they receive VIP treatment. You will have a passion for a busy lifestyle and have the ability to live and work in a small team. You will be self-motivated and able to work without supervision.”
BeyondBeach are looking for an individual with a passion for a busy lifestyle who has the ability to live and work in a small team. You will be self-motivated and able to work without supervision. You will need to be hardworking and a great people person. As the host of our Villa Club Holiday Package you will share your time between admin duties and guest interaction. With a large emphasis on guest interaction. Local area knowledge, watersports knowledge and a high level of customer service experience are all very beneficial to this role.
Our Villa Club package allows guests to enjoy the luxury and freedom of a villa holiday, with the added excitement of a watersports package. Guests can book from a range of carefully selected private villas and beach houses, with car hire and a concierge service included as standard. Guests then choose a tailored watersports program, to suit their groups wishes, offered at our flagship RYA watersports base. A
Our Host will be responsible for ensuring all elements of the villa holidays run smoothly from start to finish. Working under the Beach Club Manager (the manager of our flagship centre) the host will be a 24/7 point of contact for all villa guests.
Your role is to provide a dedicated concierge service throughout the guests stay. You will greet the guests on arrival, make friends with them, be available to them and ensure they receive VIP treatment. Whilst all the time maintaining the perfect balance of being available versus offering privacy.
Your weekly routine will include such tasks as: checking the villas are ready on time, checking cleaning standards, greeting guests on arrival, providing a brief welcome talk, answering questions, providing recommendations, upselling activities, supplying a pre-booked provisions pack, booking excursions, booking taxi’s, booking their watersports sessions via the beach manager, solving problems and being a 24/7 emergency contact. It is a very varied and flexible role whereby you are required to respond professionally and efficiently to a range of requests and queries from your guests. The Villa Host has to be amazing at customer service and simply do all they can to ensure the guests have the best holiday possible.
There will also be some basic admin tasks throughout the week. These will be dictated by a weekly checklist and will include such things as: preparing arrival manifests, placing welcome letters in rooms, accounting for petty cash, taking card payments, completing watersports waivers, compiling feedback scores.
If you love the idea of your own project to manage and your own product to take care of then this is the job for you. Working closely with your line manager you will enjoy creating a friendly, professional and welcoming holiday experience for all our villa guests. At busy times you will have approximately 30 guests to look after across up to 7 villas.
This role is all about supporting the Beach Club Manager in ensuring every element of the villa guests holiday is delivered to the highest standard possible. The activity staff look after the watersports activity program, leaving you to make sure all other aspects of the villa holiday run well. The key to the success of this role is making sure you are available, approachable and visible to your guests throughout the week. This will involve spending time at the villa’s (for example participating in fitness sessions held on the villa lawns) and spending time at the beach clubs (for example assisting the beach staff.).
A confident and outgoing personality are essential to ensure that all of the guests know who you are. You are the go-to-person for villa guests questions, queries and general chitchat. You are the face of the company for all villa guests. Personality really is key. You’ll need to be organised, reliable, have excellent interpersonal skills, recognise the importance of admin tasks, understand that no two days are the same and be happy making friends with a range of people. Your working routine will often be dictated by the requests of your guests. You need to be someone that can pre-empt problems, someone that knows how to use initiative to find great solutions and without question you’ll need a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times.
During your first week of work you will shadow more experienced staff until you are confident working on your own.
Although your primary role within the team is that of Villa Club Host you will also spend some time helping the beach team. This will involve such tasks as helping the guests carry watersports kit, cleaning equipment, assisting with watersports lessons, and assisting with childrens sessions. In doing this it also allows you more time to interact with the guests and ensure you are available to them.
Basic working hours are 08:00 to 18:00. However, this will vary day by day. Some evening work is also required as part of our guest social program. This is typically no more than 2 evenings a week. Work is carried out 6 days a week. Working hours are flexible to the needs of the company.It is really important that all our staff recognise the need to be flexible in their approach to work. The very nature of our jobs means that no two days are the same. Your daily routine will need to be flexible to the requests of the guest.
We pride ourselves on offering our staff a different experience. We do all we can to ensure that your time with us is rewarding and enjoyable. We aim for all of our staff to finish their time with us having gained new qualifications and/or experiences to help further their career. We value all of our hard-working staff and love seeing teams building new friendships and enjoying their work year after year. If you want to learn new skills, make lifelong friends, experience a different way of life and immerse yourself in a small Greek community, this is the job for you.
Does this sound like you?
Further Job Details
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Attending daily staff meetings.
- Book watersports packages and lessons on behalf of the villa guests.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints.
- Booking excursions and activities.
- Daily and weekly admin tasks.
- Actively promote in resort activities.
- Upsell RYA courses and Fitness classes.
- Ongoing training to improve job related skills.
- Be the 24/7 point of contact for villa guests.
- Dealing with first aid needs.
- Socialising with guests.
- Organise arrival and departure plans.
- Ensure villas are ready on time.
- Liaise with the car hire company.
- Take payments.
- Attending welcome meals and welcome meetings.
- Supporting daytime and evening social events, such as BBQ’s and volleyball.
- Understanding the Operating Procedures and ensuring they are adhered to at all times.
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience working in the leisure industry
- Experience working in a customer facing role
- Experience in a supervisory role
- Confident solving problems
- Confident engaging with guests and enthusing them about activities
- Computer literate
- Interested in local knowledge and learning about the local area
- Sailing, Windsurfing or Paddleboarding experience (desirable)
- Competent Swimmer
- Ability to work well within a team
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Clean DBS check
- Over 21 years of age
The team is everything.
Whilst enjoying your work and the lifestyle that comes from living in Greece, you must always be respectful of those around you. This includes your teammates, our guests, our hotel staff, your landlord, your local neighbours and the local community as a whole. We are very fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful part of the world. We are very lucky to be welcomed into the local community. As such we only employ staff that we feel are mature enough to embrace the season lifestyle without causing upset or offence to our local friends and neighbours. If you are a mature, hard working, enthusiastic and fun person, with a passion for customer service then we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary: Feel free to email us to discuss salaries in line with your experience.
- Bonus: Opportunity to earn a performance related bonus.
- Flights: To and From Greece.
- Accommodation: Accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance offered.
- House Utility Bills: Accommodation bills are paid by the Company.
- Insurance: Whilst working you are covered under our Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policies.
- Uniform: Company tops are provided.
- Time Off: This is a 6 day week role.
- Holiday Allowance: In addition to 1 day off each week, you will receive a set number of holiday days, depending on the length of your contract.
- Watersports Equipment: All staff have free access to all watersports equipment, in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Yacht Use: All staff have free access to yachts, when booking availability allows and in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Hotel Facilities: All staff have free access to our beach club facilities such as the swimming pools.
- Staff Lunch: Lunch is provided at the beach clubs for all staff on their working days.
- Staff Discount: All staff receive a discount on food and drink at our Beach Clubs.
- Friends and Family Discount. Friends & Family discounts are available on holidays, for use outside of peak season.
- Training: All staff receive a comprehensive induction on arrival to ensure you are confident and happy in your job role. All staff are eligible for £100 training bursary and are eligible to apply for funding for other courses