Trainee Watersports Instructor
“You will have a passion for sports and have the ability to live and work in a small team. You will be self-motivated and able to work without supervision. You will need to be hardworking, enthusiastic, polite and friendly. It’s a lot of hard work but it’s great fun too!”
BeyondBeach are looking for someone with a passion for sports that has the ability to live and work in a small team. You will be self-motivated and able to work without supervision. You will need to be hardworking, enthusiastic, polite and friendly. Your typical daily routine will include such tasks as: carrying equipment, rigging, cleaning, litter picks, providing safety cover, assisting teaching, maintenance and session planning. In addition to supporting the watersports team you will also be involved in assisting with childrens sessions and supporting non-watersports sessions such as fitness classes and bike guiding.
Working with the support and guidance of your line manager, the Beach Supervisor, you will help to ensure that all watersports activities are delivered in accordance with both BeyondBeach and RYA guidelines. During your first week of work, you will shadow more experienced staff until you are confident working on your own. Your initial tasks will be heavily shore based work such as carrying equipment for guests, completing weekly cleaning duties, learning how to rig sails etc. In time you will learn more and will start to be involved in the on-water work also, such as assisting with paddle board lessons and childrens games.
Basic hours are 08:30 to 18:30. However, this will vary day by day. Some evening work may be required on occasion in line with guest social activities, such as volleyball or BBQ nights. This is typically no more than 2 evenings per week. Work is carried out 6 days a week. Working hours are flexible to the needs of the company. It is really important that all our staff recognise the need to be flexible in their approach to work. The very nature of our jobs means that no two days are the same.
We pride ourselves on offering our staff a different experience. We do all we can to ensure that your time with us is rewarding and enjoyable. We aim for all of our staff to finish their time with us having gained new qualifications and/or experiences to help further their career. We aim for all trainee instructors to gain the following qualifications: RYA Powerboat Level 1, RYA Powerboat Level 2, RYA Start Windsurfing, RYA Level 1 Sailing, RYA Level 2 Sailing. You will also learn how to safely operate a range of watersports equipment, eventually being able to assist qualified instructors in the delivery of some on water lessons. It is important to note that only hard working dedicated trainees will enjoy this role. When you first start your job a lot of your time will be spent rigging, carrying and cleaning equipment. If you work hard to learn new skills you will soon find you are able to do a variety of different tasks within the team.
We value all of our hard working staff and love seeing teams building new friendships and enjoying their work year after year. If you want to learn new skills, make lifelong friends, experience a different way of life and immerse yourself in a small Greek community, this is the job for you.
Does this sound like you?
Further Job Details
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Attend daily staff meetings
- Unlocking and securing the centre and equipment
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Helping to instruct guests of all ages and all abilities
- Weekly maintenance checks
- Actively promoting sessions and generating bookings
- Ongoing training to improve job related skills
- Rigging dinghy and windsurf equipment
- Carrying and moving heavy equipment
- Equipment maintenance
- Cleaning equipment
- Litter picks
- General site DIY tasks
- Dealing with first aid needs
- Socialising with guests
- Organising daytime and evening social events, such as BBQ’s and volleyball
- Assisting with non-watersports activities such as fitness classes or biking
- Understanding the Operating Procedures and ensure they are adhered to at all time
- Commit to your own training and development, understanding that achieving qualifications will require you to practise watersports in your free time.
- Interested in a variety of sports
- Competent Swimmer
- Clean DBS check
- Experience with manual labour or maintenance work
- Ability to work well within a team
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Excellent customer service skills
- Over 18 years of age
- Valid driving license (desirable)
The team is everything.
Whilst enjoying your work and the lifestyle that comes from living in Greece, you must always be respectful of those around you. This includes your teammates, our guests, our hotel staff, your landlord, your local neighbours and the local community as a whole. We are very fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful part of the world. We are very lucky to be welcomed into the local community. As such we only employ staff that we feel are mature enough to embrace the season lifestyle without causing upset or offence to our local friends and neighbours. If you are a mature, hard working, enthusiastic and fun instructor, with a passion for watersports then we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary: Feel free to email us to discuss salaries in line with your experience.
- Bonus: Opportunity to earn a performance related bonus.
- Flights: To and From Greece.
- Accommodation: Accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance offered.
- House Utility Bills: Accommodation bills are paid by the Company.
- Insurance: Whilst working you are covered under our Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policies.
- Uniform: Company tops are provided.
- Time Off: This is a 6 day week role.
- Holiday Allowance: In addition to 1 day off each week, you will receive a set number of holiday days, depending on the length of your contract.
- Watersports Equipment: All staff have free access to all watersports equipment, in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Yacht Use: All staff have free access to yachts, when booking availability allows and in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Hotel Facilities: All staff have free access to our beach club facilities such as the swimming pools.
- Staff Lunch: Lunch is provided at the beach clubs for all staff on their working days.
- Staff Discount: All staff receive a discount on food and drink at our Beach Clubs.
- Friends and Family Discount. Friends & Family discounts are available on holidays, for use outside of peak season.
- Training: All staff receive a comprehensive induction on arrival to ensure you are confident and happy in your job role. All staff are eligible for £100 training bursary and are eligible to apply for funding for other courses