“You will have a passion for an active lifestyle and have the ability to live and work in a small team. You will organise and deliver a cycling program that appeals to guests of all abilities. This program will predominantly include short social guided rides but also a smaller number of longer or more technical rides. The program will also cater for guests that wish to ride without a guide.”
BeyondBeach are looking for an individual who wants an active lifestyle and as the ability to live and work in a small team. You will be self-motivated and able to work without supervision. You will need to be hardworking and a great people person. You will organise and deliver a cycling program that appeals to guests of all abilities. This program will predominantly include short social guided rides but also a smaller number of longer or more technical rides. The program will also cater for guests that wish to ride without a guide.
Your main day to day tasks will include: bike maintenance, bike cleaning, stock checks, route planning, skills clinics and guiding group rides. You will also help to develop new guided routes and you will need to compile a selection of route cards to assist guests wishing to ride without a guide.
Working with the support and guidance of the Beach Club Manager you will be responsible for ensuring all bike activities are delivered in accordance with BeyondBeach guidelines. You are responsible for ensuring all bike activities are delivered in a fun and safe way. This includes ensuring the bike fleet is always well maintained and is kept fully operational throughout the season. You will take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of the bike equipment. This will include writing regular maintenance reports and service manuals for each bike.
You will need to implement safe working practices that minimise risk and promote guest engagement. You will understand the importance of adhering to Health & Safety procedures and you will be confident in dealing with accidents and incidents, should they occur.
During your first week of work you will shadow more experienced staff until you are confident working on your own. Excellent customer service skills and a friendly approachable style are essential in ensuring we provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests.
Although your primary role within the team is to take charge of the bike program, you will also spend a significant amount of time helping the beach team. This will involve such tasks as helping the guests carry watersports kit, cleaning equipment, assisting with watersports lessons, and assisting with childrens sessions.
Basic working hours are 08:00 to 18:00. However, this will vary day by day. Some evening work is also required as part of our guest social program. This is typically no more than 2 evenings a week. Work is carried out 6 days a week. Working hours are flexible to the needs of the company.It is really important that all our staff recognise the need to be flexible in their approach to work. The very nature of our jobs means that no two days are the same. Your daily routine will need to be flexible to the requests of the guest.
We pride ourselves on offering our staff a different experience. We do all we can to ensure that your time with us is rewarding and enjoyable. We aim for all of our staff to finish their time with us having gained new qualifications and/or experiences to help further their career. We value all of our hard working staff and love seeing teams building new friendships and enjoying their work year after year. If you want to learn new skills, make lifelong friends, experience a different way of life and immerse yourself in a small Greek community, this is the job for you.
Does this sound like you?
Further Job Details
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Attending daily staff meetings.
- Security of bikes and related equipment.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints.
- Guiding guests of all abilities.
- Create safe and fun route plans.
- Create accurate and safe route cards.
- Daily and weekly maintenance checks.
- Weekly admin checklist.
- Create and maintain service records for each bike.
- Monitor stock of spares and order as needed.
- Actively promote the ride program and generate bookings.
- Ongoing training to improve job related skills.
- Assisting the beach staff with their daily duties.
- Implementing the EAP when dealing with incidents and accidents on guided rides.
- Dealing with first aid needs.
- Socialising with guests.
- Supporting daytime and evening social events, such as BBQ’s and volleyball.
- Understanding the Operating Procedures and ensuring they are adhered to at all times.
- Minimum of a trail leader qualification, or equivalent, or skill level to achieve this prior to contract start date (Ideally – L1/L2 Bike Leader)
- First Aid Certificate
- Confident road biking and guiding
- Confident off-road mountain biking and guiding
- Knowledge of technical bike maintenance
- Confident diagnosing and solving bike problems
- Previous experience of dealing with first aid and accident scenarios
- Previous customer service experience
- Confident engaging with guests and enthusing them about biking at all levels
- Sailing, Windsurfing or Paddleboarding experience (desirable)
- Competent Swimmer
- Ability to work well within a team
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Clean DBS check
- Over 18 years of age
The team is everything.
Whilst enjoying your work and the lifestyle that comes from living in Greece, you must always be respectful of those around you. This includes your teammates, our guests, our hotel staff, your landlord, your local neighbours and the local community as a whole. We are very fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful part of the world. We are very lucky to be welcomed into the local community. As such we only employ staff that we feel are mature enough to embrace the season lifestyle without causing upset or offence to our local friends and neighbours. If you are a mature, hard working, enthusiastic and fun person, with a passion for biking then we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary: Feel free to email us to discuss salaries in line with your experience.
- Bonus: Opportunity to earn a performance related bonus.
- Flights: To and From Greece.
- Accommodation: Accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance offered.
- House Utility Bills: Accommodation bills are paid by the Company.
- Insurance: Whilst working you are covered under our Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policies.
- Uniform: Company tops are provided.
- Time Off: This is a 6 day week role.
- Holiday Allowance: In addition to 1 day off each week, you will receive a set number of holiday days, depending on the length of your contract.
- Watersports Equipment: All staff have free access to all watersports equipment, in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Yacht Use: All staff have free access to yachts, when booking availability allows and in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Hotel Facilities: All staff have free access to our beach club facilities such as the swimming pools.
- Staff Lunch: Lunch is provided at the beach clubs for all staff on their working days.
- Staff Discount: All staff receive a discount on food and drink at our Beach Clubs.
- Friends and Family Discount. Friends & Family discounts are available on holidays, for use outside of peak season.
- Training: All staff receive a comprehensive induction on arrival to ensure you are confident and happy in your job role. All staff are eligible for £100 training bursary and are eligible to apply for funding for other courses