Beach Club Manager
“For this important position, we’re looking for an enthusiastic and hard working individual. Your overall role is to ensure that all of our staff, our guests, our hotel partners and our suppliers experience a first class service from BeyondBeach. Our beach club is your beach club, it is your very own project to take care of and take pride in throughout the summer. ”
BeyondBeach are looking for an enthusiastic and approachable individual with a substantial level of experience in the watersports industry. You will be the primary decision maker within your beach club. You will be the highest member of BeyondBeach staff within your beach club. Your line manager (the Area Manager) is not onsite all the time, the Area Manager lives in Greece but shares their time between our yacht bases and beach clubs. This means that our beach club is your beach club, it is your project to take care of and take pride in throughout the summer. Your overall role is to ensure that all of our staff, our guests, our hotel partners and our suppliers experience a first class service from BeyondBeach.
You will need to lead and motivate a team to create a fun, professional and safe environment in which to deliver a range of activities to all of our guests. You will be responsible for the day to day supervision and operation of the Beach Club. Each beach club has a team of approximately 10 – 15 staff.
With support from your line managers, you will be responsible for decisions made and actions taken in the event of a major incident or accident.
A large part of your weekly routine, but not all of it, is co-ordinating the weekly activity program. This will involve working on the beach being immersed in the day to day operations of watersports. You will be overseeing sessions on the water and ensuring that all activities are strictly adhering to BeyondBeach and RYA guidelines. You must have excellent knowledge of RYA procedures. If joining us from an ISA background you will engage your ISA knowledge whilst gradually developing a core understanding of the very similar RYA procedures. RYA policies and procedures will form a key part of your induction and your ongoing management training.
You will be required to teach from time to time but you must be aware that a large part of your role is to train others to teach and then supervise their teaching standards. You will spend far more time observing and monitoring activities from the shore or from a safety boat, than you will actually teaching yourself. This ensures that you are always aware of the ‘big picture’ within your beach club.
When not working at the beach, you will have regular administrative duties. These will generally be dictated by your weekly checklist and will include such tasks as: rotas, bookings sheets, distributing guest welcome letters, booking staff travel, health & safety checks, logging accident forms, petty cash accounting. This role requires basic admin skills and strong organisational skills. Training will be given but it is important to know that you will spend some time doing admin tasks. Other ad-hoc duties will always arise too, these tasks can be unpredictable and will require use of initiative and on the spot thinking to solve or address them as efficiently as possible.
You will be responsible for motivating the team and promoting a positive team spirit. To help with this aim, you will ensure that staff training requests are met and you will organise staff social events. Your hours will be longer than your staff, but you need to remain motivated at all times. A passion for both watersports and people management will ensure your motivation remains high. You are the ‘face of the company’ at your beach club. You will often be the first point of contact between the guests and the company. Being the first port of call for customers and staff means you will need a strong front of house presence, ensuring that all enquiries or problems are dealt with promptly and professionally. Excellent customer service and a friendly approachable style are incredibly important. You must always represent the company and promote the centre in a positive and professional way. This applies both in and out of working hours.
Does this sound like you?
Further Job Details
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Plan and manage daily staff meetings.
- Ensure staffing levels meet operational needs each day.
- Ensure equipment levels meet operational needs each day.
- Monitor equipment standards and monitor maintenance logging systems.
- Guide staff to deliver exceptional lessons in a variety of conditions, with a variety of guests.
- Be a key holder and be responsible for centre security.
- Deal with customer enquiries and complaints.
- Implement processes that prevent reoccurring negatives.
- Organise logistics of guest arrival and departures days.
- Welcome guests to the Beach Club and provide a welcome chat and safety briefing.
- Actively promote activities and generate bookings.
- Complete your weekly admin checklist.
- Complete all staff inductions in a timely manner.
- Organise continual staff training.
- Motivate and mentor staff including awareness of their general welfare.
- Deal with staff grievances and/or disciplinary issues.
- Implement and monitor staff house rules.
- Organise motivational staff social events.
- Monitor contractual obligations between BeyondBeach and partners.
- Oversee all safety procedures.
- Ensure RYA standards and BeyondBeach guidelines are adhered to at all times as per the BeyondBeach operating manual.
- Complete risk assessments.
- Organise daytime and evening guest social events, such as BBQ’s and volleyball.
- Monitor and log petty cash spending.
- Actively upsell local activities and generate revenue.
- Oversee first aid incidents, monitor and log accident forms.
- Oversee and implement emergency action plans if needed.
- Be the primary 24/7 emergency contact for staff and guests. (Shared with your senior team).
- Embrace your own development and learn new management skills.
- Liaise with the Area Manager regarding any guest feedback and necessary actions required.
- RYA or ISA Windsurf or Dinghy Instructor (preferably both sports)
- RYA or ISA Senior Instructor (desirable)
- RYA or ISA Powerboat Instructor (desirable)
- RYA or ISA Multi-Hull Instructor (desirable)
- Paddlesport Instructor (desirable)
- Multihull Endorsement (desirable)
- Experience of an RYA inspection (desirable)
- First Aid Instructor
- Clean Criminal Record check
- Experience working within a watersports operation
- Experience of being responsible for safety standards
- Confidence working under pressure and dealing with accidents or incidents
- Skilled in on-water safety and on-water rescue techniques
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection
- Experience of cash handling and budget monitoring
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literate with a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Natural motivator
- Over 20 years of age
- Valid driving licence
The team is everything.
We want to employ people who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Whilst enjoying your work and the lifestyle that comes from living in Greece, you must always be respectful of those around you. This includes your teammates, our guests, our hotel staff, your landlord, your local neighbours and the local community as a whole. We are very fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful part of the world. We are very lucky to be welcomed into the local community. As such we only employ staff that we feel are mature enough to embrace the season lifestyle without causing upset or offence to our local friends and neighbours. If you are a mature, hard working, enthusiastic and fun manager, with a passion for watersports then we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary: Feel free to email us to discuss salaries in line with your experience.
- Bonus: Opportunity to earn a performance related bonus.
- Flights: To and From Greece.
- Accommodation: Accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance offered.
- House Utility Bills: Accommodation bills are paid by the Company.
- Use of Company Vehicle: For work purposes only.
- Insurance: Whilst working you are covered under our Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policies.
- Uniform: Company tops are provided.
- Time Off: This is a 6 day week role.
- Holiday Allowance: In addition to 1 day off each week, you will receive a set number of holiday days, depending on the length of your contract.
- Watersports Equipment: All staff have free access to all watersports equipment, in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Yacht Use: All staff have free access to yachts, when booking availability allows and in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Hotel Facilities: All staff have free access to our beach club facilities such as the swimming pools.
- Staff Lunch: Lunch is provided at the beach clubs for all staff on their working days.
- Staff Discount: All staff receive a discount on food and drink at our Beach Clubs.
- Friends and Family Discount. Friends & Family discounts are available on holidays, for use outside of peak season.
- Training: All staff receive a comprehensive induction on arrival to ensure you are confident and happy in your job role. All staff are eligible for £100 training bursary and are eligible to apply for funding for other courses.