Senior Watersports Instructor
“As a Watersports Senior Instructor, you will also be given extra responsibilities from time to time, as and when required. For example, you may be asked to take charge of a sail away trip, or you may be asked to stand in for the supervisor on their day off. Your extra duties will be assigned in relation to your skill set at any given time. This is a great role for anyone wanting to become a supervisor or manager in the future.”
BeyondBeach are looking for an individual who has a passion for watersports and the ability to live and work in a small team. You will be self-motivated and able to work without supervision. You will be required to be creative, supportive, hardworking and confident in your own teaching methods. Your typical daily routine will be the same as all other Watersports Instructors, including such tasks as: carrying equipment, rigging, cleaning, providing safety cover, teaching, maintenance, session planning, socialising with guests and running children’s sessions. However, as a Senior Instructor, you will also be given extra responsibilities from time to time, as and when required. For example, you may be asked to take charge of a sail away trip, or you may be asked to stand in for the supervisor on their day off. Your extra duties will be assigned in relation to your skill set at any given time. This is a great role for anyone wanting to become a supervisor or manager in the future.
Instructors will teach a variety of sessions from 1.5 hour beginner sessions to 2 day RYA courses. You will teach a range of ages and abilities. You will also be involved in running children’s sessions and supporting non-watersports sessions such as fitness classes and bike guiding.
Working with the support and guidance of your line manager, the Beach Supervisor, you will be responsible for ensuring all watersports activities are delivered in accordance with both BeyondBeach and RYA guidelines. During your first week of work, you will shadow more experienced staff until you are confident working on your own.
Excellent customer service skills and a friendly approachable style are essential in ensuring we provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests. A positive attitude and an enthusiasm for working to high standards will ensure you have a great time working with us.
Basic hours are 08:30 to 18:30. However, this will vary day by day. Some evening work is also required as part of our guest social program. This is typically no more than 2 evenings a week. Work is carried out 6 days a week. Working hours are flexible to the needs of the company. It is really important that all our staff recognise the need to be flexible in their approach to work. The very nature of our jobs means that no two days are the same. Your daily routine will need to be flexible to the requests of the guest. We pride ourselves on offering our staff a different experience. We do all we can to ensure that your time with us is rewarding and enjoyable. We aim for all of our staff to finish their time with us having gained new qualifications and/or experiences to help further their career. We value all of our hard-working staff and love seeing teams building new friendships and enjoying their work year after year. If you want to learn new skills, challenge yourself, progress your watersports career, make lifelong friends and enjoy your job, this is the role for you.
Does this sound like you?
Further Job Details
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Supporting the supervisor and manager to ensure that as a team of senior staff you deliver the highest standards at all times
- Take responsibility for additional tasks
- Embrace your own training and development to be able to take on supervisor tasks
- Teach a variety of sessions, to a high standard, to a range of age groups and ability levels
- Understanding the Operating Procedures and ensuring they are adhered to at all times
- Provide professional safety cover from a power boat or safety tower
- Attend daily staff meetings
- Unlocking and securing the centre and equipment
- Create safe and fun sessions plans
- Weekly maintenance checks and ongoing maintenance tasks
- Actively promoting sessions and generating bookings
- Ongoing training to improve job-related skills
- Rigging equipment
- Carrying and moving heavy equipment
- Cleaning equipment
- Litter picks and emptying bins
- General site DIY tasks
- Dealing with first aid needs
- Socialising with guests
- Organising daytime and evening social events, such as BBQ’s and volleyball
- ISA / RYA Senior Windsurf or Intermediate Windsurf Instructor
- ISA/RYA Senior Dinghy Instructor or Advanced Dinghy Instructor
- The personal skills to achieve one of the above qualifications before the start of your contract
- ISA / RYA Multihull Endorsement (desirable)
- RYA Wingsurf Instructor (desirable)
- First Aid Certificate
- Experience operating a powerboat for the purpose of watersports safety
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clean DBS check
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Enthusiastic work ethic and positive outlook
- Over 18 years of age
The team is everything.
Whilst enjoying your work and the lifestyle that comes from living in Greece, you must always be respectful of those around you. This includes your teammates, our guests, our hotel staff, your landlord, your local neighbours and the local community as a whole. We are very fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful part of the world. We are very lucky to be welcomed into the local community. As such we only employ staff that we feel are mature enough to embrace the season lifestyle without causing upset or offence to our local friends and neighbours. If you are a mature, hard-working, enthusiastic and fun instructor, with a passion for watersports then we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary: Feel free to email us to discuss salaries in line with your experience.
- Flights: To and From Greece.
- Accommodation: Accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance offered.
- House Utility Bills: Accommodation bills are paid by the Company.
- Insurance: Whilst working you are covered under our Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policies.
- Uniform: Company tops are provided.
- Time Off: This is a 6 day week role.
- Holiday Allowance: In addition to 1 day off each week, you will receive a set number of holiday days, depending on the length of your contract.
- Watersports Equipment: All staff have free access to all watersports equipment, in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Yacht Use: All staff have free access to yachts, when booking availability allows and in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Hotel Facilities: All staff have free access to our beach club facilities such as the swimming pools.
- Staff Lunch: Lunch is provided at the beach clubs for all staff on their working days.
- Staff Discount: All staff receive a discount on food and drink at our Beach Clubs.
- Friends and Family Discount. Friends & Family discounts are available on holidays, for use outside of peak season.
- Training: All staff receive a comprehensive induction on arrival to ensure you are confident and happy in your job role. All staff are eligible for £100 training bursary and are eligible to apply for funding for other courses