“You will be self-motivated and able to work without supervision. You will need to be hardworking, and a great people person. You will organise and deliver a fitness program that appeals to guests of all abilities. This program will typically include early morning beach circuits, exercise to music or gentle runs, mid-day aqua classes and late afternoon stretch & relax or pilates classes. It’s hard work but it’s great fun too!”
BeyondBeach are looking for an individual who has a passion for an active lifestyle and the ability to live and work in a small team. You will be self-motivated and able to work without supervision. You will need to be hardworking, and a great people person. You will organise and deliver a fitness program that appeals to guests of all abilities. This program will typically include early morning beach circuits, exercise to music or gentle runs, mid-day aqua classes and late afternoon stretch & relax or pilates classes.
You will be leading at least 10 classes per week. Your main day to day tasks will include: promoting sessions, session planning, stock checks, equipment cleaning, private fitness clinics and guiding group fitness sessions. You will also help the watersports team and will spend time each day working on the waterfront. .
Working with the support and guidance of the Beach Club Manager you will be responsible for ensuring all fitness activities are delivered in accordance with BeyondBeach guidelines. You are responsible for ensuring all fitness activities are delivered in a fun and safe way. This includes ensuring the equipment and also the fitness areas are well maintained throughout the season. Fitness areas are not dedicated studios, classes are often carried out in the open air, on the beach or grass areas. Your role will include writing risk assessments and keeping maintenance reports.
You will need to implement safe working practices that minimise risk and promote guest engagement. You will understand the importance of adhering to Health & Safety procedures and you will be confident in dealing with accidents and incidents, should they occur.
During your first week of work you will shadow more experienced staff until you are confident working on your own. Excellent customer service skills and a friendly approachable style are essential in ensuring we provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all our guests.
Although your primary role within the team is to take charge of the fitness program, you will also spend a significant amount of time helping the beach team. This will involve such tasks as helping the guests carry watersports kit, cleaning equipment, assisting with watersports lessons, and assisting with childrens sessions.
Basic working hours are 08:00 to 19:00 with breaks in the day. However, this will vary day by day. Some evening work is also required as part of our guest social program. This is typically no more than 2 evenings a week. Work is carried out 6 days a week. Working hours are flexible to the needs of the company.It is really important that all our staff recognise the need to be flexible in their approach to work. The very nature of our jobs means that no two days are the same. Your daily routine will need to be flexible to the requests of the guest.
We pride ourselves on offering our staff a different experience. We do all we can to ensure that your time with us is rewarding and enjoyable. We aim for all of our staff to finish their time with us having gained new qualifications and/or experiences to help further their career. We value all of our hard working staff and love seeing teams building new friendships and enjoying their work year after year. If you want to learn new skills, make lifelong friends, experience a different way of life and immerse yourself in a small Greek community, this is the job for you.
Does this sound like you?
Further Job Details
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Attending daily staff meetings.
- Dealing with customer enquiries and complaints.
- Running fitness sessions for guests of all abilities.
- Create safe and fun session plans.
- Daily and weekly maintenance checks.
- Weekly admin checklist.
- Create risk assessments for sessions and areas of operation.
- Monitor stock of spares and order as needed.
- Actively promote the fitness program and generate bookings.
- Ongoing training to improve job related skills.
- Assisting the beach staff with their daily duties.
- Implementing the EAP when dealing with incidents and accidents during fitness sessions.
- Dealing with first aid needs.
- Socialising with guests.
- Supporting daytime and evening social events, such as BBQ’s and volleyball.
- Understanding the Operating Procedures and ensuring they are adhered to at all times.
- Previous experience teaching group exercise sessions
- Exercise to Music qualification or equivalent
- Gym Instructor qualification or equivalent
- Level 3 Personal trainer or equivalent (desirable)
- First Aid certificate
- Previous customer service experience
- Basic understanding of Yoga, Pilates or Stretch & Relax
The team is everything.
Whilst enjoying your work and the lifestyle that comes from living in Greece, you must always be respectful of those around you. This includes your teammates, our guests, our hotel staff, your landlord, your local neighbours and the local community as a whole. We are very fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful part of the world. We are very lucky to be welcomed into the local community. As such we only employ staff that we feel are mature enough to embrace the season lifestyle without causing upset or offence to our local friends and neighbours. If you are a mature, hard working, enthusiastic and fun person, with a passion for fitness then we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary: Feel free to email us to discuss salaries in line with your experience.
- Flights: To and From Greece.
- Accommodation: Accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance offered.
- House Utility Bills: Accommodation bills are paid by the Company.
- Insurance: Whilst working you are covered under our Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policies.
- Uniform: Company tops are provided.
- Time Off: This is a 6 day week role.
- Holiday Allowance: In addition to 1 day off each week, you will receive a set number of holiday days, depending on the length of your contract.
- Watersports Equipment: All staff have free access to all watersports equipment, in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Yacht Use: All staff have free access to yachts, when booking availability allows and in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Hotel Facilities: All staff have free access to our beach club facilities such as the swimming pools.
- Staff Lunch: Lunch is provided at the beach clubs for all staff on their working days.
- Staff Discount: All staff receive a discount on food and drink at our Beach Clubs.
- Friends and Family Discount. Friends & Family discounts are available on holidays, for use outside of peak season.
- Training: All staff receive a comprehensive induction on arrival to ensure you are confident and happy in your job role. All staff are eligible for £100 training bursary and are eligible to apply for funding for other courses