Beach Club Maintenance Support
“For this important position, we’re looking for an enthusiastic and hard working individual. The safe operation of activities is hugely dependent on a strong and successful maintenance program. You will need to be confident using tools, be eager to learn new skills, have basic computer skills, have excellent time management skills and have a strong awareness of the importance of H&S systems.”
BeyondBeach are looking for an enthusiastic and hard working individual. You’ll be supporting the waterfront team to create a professional and safe environment in which to deliver a range of activities to all of our guests. This is an independent role, where you will often work without direct supervision. There are a number of important and critical tasks that must be dealt with each week to ensure all equipment is safe to use. Decisions must be made and initiative must be used. The responsibilities that are tied to this job role must not be underestimated. The safe operation of activities is hugely dependent on a strong and successful maintenance program.
You will need to be confident using tools, be eager to learn new skills, have basic computer skills, have excellent time management skills and have a strong awareness of the importance of H&S systems. Full training for job specific skills such as board repair, powerboat care and boat checks will be given, but you must be confident that learning practical skills like these are something you will embrace and understand.
Your primary role is to ensure that as much equipment as possible is available to guests at any one time. You will need to repair equipment quickly, but also to a high standard. This will include the repair of windsurf boards, sailing boats, paddle boards, kayaks, powerboat hulls, powerboat engines etc. As well as repairing the equipment in a timely fashion you will be expected to show consideration for the aesthetics of the repair. For example you will need to show attention to detail regarding board graphics and boat colour. In addition to direct repair work you will take on broader responsibilities linked to equipment care such as: routine cleaning, spares ordering, stock checks, tool inventories, record keeping and fuel deliveries. Your routine tasks will be formatted as a weekly and monthly checklist. You will need to manage your time around these routine tasks to prioritise repairs as and when they are needed. You will need to be someone that responds well to working with a checklist and enjoys the job satisfaction that comes from finding time efficient ways to manage routine tasks against ad-hoc tasks. You will need to be someone that understands the importance of record keeping and ensuring that archived documents create a strong paperwork trail to call back on when needed.
There are two secondary aspects of the role, General DIY and Watersports Assistant. Examples of tasks that may fall under General DIY are – painting walls, fixing staff house issues, creating mooring weights, building racks and making signage. For the Watersports Assistant element you may be required to work with the beach team at busy times, as a minimum you will work 1.5 days per week helping on the waterfront. At times when your maintenance work is minimal this will be more.
With the support and guidance of the Beach Club Manager and Supervisor you will carry out efficient and cost effective working practices that ensure all equipment is looked after in the best way possible. You will encourage all staff to adapt preventative measures with regard to equipment damage. You will understand that your working hours will not be set in stone and may on occasion be dictated by the operational needs of the centre. For example you may have to work late to fix a boat for use the following day. You will always strive to repair equipment as quickly as possible, to ensure that we are meeting our guests expectations.
In all that you do you will need to lead by example and have a positive approach to your work. You will help the Beach Club Managers and Supervisors to motivate the team to show respect and care for the equipment. In order to support this aim you will be heavily involved in the early season staff training, regarding equipment care. You will also be responsible for the set up and pack up of the equipment at the start and end of each season. Managers will be on hand to support you and offer a daily plan but it will be your responsibility to ensure that all equipment is handled with care, rigged correctly and where needed fixed prior to use, or prior to storage.
You will be given access to a company vehicle to make use of. This car will need to be looked after and cleaned by you on a regular basis.
Does this sound like you?
Further Job Details
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure your workshop area is clean and tidy at all times
- Weekly stock check your workshop supplies and tools
- Weekly stock check beach club tools
- Weekly stock check of equipment spares
- Request spares orders and supplies as needed
- Keep continued and accurate records of spares: in stock, put to use, on order, arriving in
- Weekly powerboat service including basic engine checks and flushing
- Weekly powerboat service records
- Create and implement maintenance logs
- Organise fuel deliveries and safe storage
- Board repair
- Boat repair
- Kayak repair
- Organise sail repair: including cleaning, labelling, recording, booking and tracking
- General site DIY
- Care of company cars
- Assist beach staff with the guest program
- Contribute to staff meetings, pushing a continued interest in maintenance standards
- Ensure equipment is in good working order before guests are given access to it
- Complete your weekly and monthly routine checklists
- Create and update a COSHH file for each centre
- Create Risk Assessments for your areas of work
- Ensure RYA standards are met at all times
- Ensure BeyondBeach guidelines are strictly adhered to
- Confident using a variety of tools
- Basic computer skills
- Proven experience of successful DIY/Maintenance work
- Strong understanding of COSHH and safe working practices
- Experience of watersports (desirable)
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Clean DBS check
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Excellent customer service skills
- A valid UK or International driving licence
The team is everything.
The team is everything. We want to employ people who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Whilst enjoying your work and the lifestyle that comes from living in Greece, you must always be respectful of those around you. This includes your teammates, our guests, our hotel staff, your landlord, your local neighbours and the local community as a whole. We are very fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful part of the world. We are very lucky to be welcomed into the local community. As such we only employ staff that we feel are mature enough to embrace the instructor lifestyle without causing upset or offence to our local friends and neighbours. If you are a mature, hard working, enthusiastic and fun individual, with a passion for watersports and delivering high standards, then we’d love to hear from you!
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary: Feel free to email us to discuss salaries in line with your experience.
- Flights: To and From Greece.
- Accommodation: Accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance offered
- House Utility Bills: Accommodation bills are paid by the Company if living in our houses.
- Use of Company Vehicle: For work purposes only.
- Insurance: Whilst working you are covered under our Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policies.
- Uniform: Company tops are provided.
- Time Off: This is a 6 day week role.
- Holiday Allowance: In addition to 1 day off each week, you will receive a set number of holiday days, depending on the length of your contract.
- Watersports Equipment: All staff have free access to all watersports equipment, in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Yacht Use: All staff have free access to yachts, when booking availability allows and in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Hotel Facilities: All staff have free access to our beach club facilities such as the swimming pools.
- Staff Lunch: Lunch is provided at the beach clubs for all staff on their working days.
- Staff Discount: All staff receive a discount on food and drink at our Beach Clubs.
- Friends and Family Discount. F&F discounts are available on holidays, for use outside of peak season.
- Training: All staff receive a comprehensive induction on arrival to ensure you are confident and happy in your job role. All staff are eligible for £100 training bursary and are eligible to apply for funding for other courses.