“If you’re a natural leader who thrives under a little pressure, this is the job for you. The Area Manager is responsible for all operations at our beach clubs, the Intro to Yachting base and our Flotilla base. You will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to these product managers. ”
BeyondBeach are looking for a confident, self-motivated manager with proven leadership skills and a commitment to providing outstanding customer service. We are looking for someone with strong industry experience, who can focus on efficiencies of equipment, staffing and budgets. All our operations must be driven to be customer and commercially focused at all times.
You will need experience within the hotel, leisure and watersports industries. This is the ideal job for someone that has worked in the watersports holiday industry before, perhaps as a Yacht Base Manager, a Senior Instructor or Centre Manager and is now looking for the next step.
The Area Manager is responsible for all operations at our beach clubs, the Intro to Yachting base and our Flotilla base. You will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to these product managers. Each watersports centre and yacht base has a manager who will report directly to you. Supporting these managers in a friendly, efficient and productive manner is the core purpose of your role. It is a hugely varied and interesting role with a range of responsibilities and decisions falling to you.
All of our beach clubs are small, friendly clubs, with a maximum of 100 guests per week. Our Learn to Sail base runs with 3 yachts and our flotilla with 6 yachts. We are small enough that you’ll know all of your team really well, making it easy to support them in providing the best holiday possible for our guests.
You will also work closely with our hotel owners and their employees, to ensure we are supporting their needs. You will be confident forming strong bonds with key local suppliers and you will be committed to working effectively with all colleagues. (Including those in Greece and in the UK).
You will have the support of your line manager, the Operations Manager, who is based in the UK and visits Greece regularly throughout the year. You are the important, and critical, link between the operations in Greece and the UK Senior Managers. You will work closely with the Operations Manager to keep the staff and guests happy, and to ensure we are all delivering holidays to the highest possible standard.
For the right person, someone with a professional can-do attitude, someone who strives for high standards in all they do, this job is the perfect chance to become part of the Senior Management Team in a positive and growing company. You will need to be very organised and highly self-motivated. You will need to be happy managing your own time and agenda to ensure all tasks are completed efficiently.
This is a seasonal summer position, based in Greece. Much of your time will be spent providing support to your managers through remote communications, but of course, regular on-site visits will also be required. These visits are key to forming bonds with staff and suppliers, and for monitoring standards in all areas. You will be expected to visit each club/base at least once every 2 weeks. You will be expected to visit any club/base if significant problems arise and your support is needed in person.
Does this sound like you?
Further Job Details
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist the Operations Manager with equipment procurement and delivery logistics.
- Take a key leadership role in supporting managers and teams to achieve goals.
- Assume the position of club/base management roles, as and when required.
- Communicate daily with managers reporting to you.
- Communicate regularly with your line manager.
- 24 hour emergency contact for your club / base managers
- Be responsible for staff travel in Greece inc welcome procedures
- Ensure all new staff receive thorough and timely inductions
- Ensure staff training records are kept up to date
- Implement and attend staff disciplinary procedures when needed
- Motivate staff at all levels to enjoy their workplace and achieve their goals
- Ensure managers are evaluating staff performance
- Be alert to staff welfare issues
- Focus on management of all costs and income streams.
- Monitor and control all operational budgets and financial accounting.
SAFETY & LEGAL:
- Maintain the highest safety standards across the program both on and off the water.
- Ensure all activities meet local health, hygiene and safety standards.
- Ensure operation procedures are understood and adhered to by the whole team.
- Read and thoroughly understand all relevant RYA or IYT guidelines.
- Ensure maintenance records are always accurate
- Monitor accident forms and implement any necessary changes
- Take the lead ‘in-resort’ role in managing Emergency Scenarios e.g. earthquakes, fatalities in resort, accommodation fires or serious injury.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our brand, overseas operations and products.
- Drive the delivery of the product including; preparation, execution and cost tracking.
- Assume responsibility for the successful delivery of the program in Greece.
- Continually monitor teams to ensure required procedures are being followed.
- Ensure deadlines are being met and standards are consistent across the board.
- Ensure that the level of customer service, appearance of the staff and atmosphere on base is always friendly, safe and enjoyable.
- Ensure effective communication of activities to guests by monitoring standards of welcome chats, welcome documents etc
- Complete weekly Manager Report
- Review weekly feedback scores and implement changes as necessary
- Take ownership of any larger guest complaints
- Liaise with hotel or site managers and ensure that all parties are working together for the benefit of all parties
- Understand all local contracts, such as with landowners or hoteliers and ensure you are adhering to them
- Be flexible in your job role and willing to assist in all other duties requested by your line manager.
- At least one summer season of Management or Team Leadership experience within the watersports holiday industry.
- Valid UK or International driving licence (essential)
- ISA / RYA Windsurf or Dinghy Instructor (at least one essential, preferably both)
- Valid First Aid Certificate (essential)
- Ski Boat Experience (desirable)
- Proven track record of excellent customer service skills
- Proven track record of excellent staff management and motivation skills
- Clean and tidy appearance
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Computer literate
The team is everything.
We want to employ people who can build rapport with ease and continue to give our guests confidence in the fact that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
Whilst enjoying your work and the lifestyle that comes from living in Greece, you must always be respectful of those around you. This includes your teammates, our guests, our hotel staff, your landlord, your local neighbours and the local community as a whole. We are very fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful part of the world. We are very lucky to be welcomed into the local community. As such we only employ staff that we feel are mature enough to embrace the season lifestyle without causing upset or offence to our local friends and neighbours. If you are a mature, hard-working, enthusiastic and fun manager, with a passion for watersports then we’d love to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary: Feel free to email us to discuss salaries in line with your experience.
- Flights: To and From Greece.
- Accommodation: Accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance offered
- House Utility Bills: Accommodation bills are paid by the Company if living in our houses.
- Use of Company Vehicle: For work purposes only.
- Insurance: Whilst working you are covered under our Public Liability and Professional Indemnity policies.
- Uniform: Company tops are provided.
- Time Off: This is a 5 day week role. However, you will need to monitor your own time off to be flexible to the needs of the Company. It is unlikely that you will get the same 2 days off each week. Your time off will often be equivalent to 2 days off, rather than 2 full days off. During your time off you remain on-call for urgent needs 24/7.
- Holiday Allowance: In addition to 2 days off each week, you will receive a set number of holiday days, depending on the length of your contract. When on annual leave you will not be on-call.
- Watersports Equipment: All staff have free access to all watersports equipment, in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Yacht Use: All staff have free access to yachts, when booking availability allows and in line with the Company safety policies and procedures.
- Hotel Facilities: All staff have free access to our beach club facilities such as the swimming pools.
- Staff Discount: All staff receive a discount on food and drink at our Beach Clubs.
- Friends and Family Discount. F&F discounts are available on holidays, for use outside of peak season.
- Training: All staff receive a comprehensive induction on arrival to ensure you are confident and happy in your job role. All staff are eligible for £100 training bursary and are eligible to apply for funding for other courses.